Skip to main content

Another one exits the (burning) building.

Hey Mike, So, my mom died about 90 minutes ago, I was here holding her hand the whole way. She was fading pretty quick in the last 3 days and when she new she was going she reached out for my hand and I held it and kept telling her how much I and all of us loved her. Soon she'd be out of pain and back riding horses and playing with all the dogs. Give her a hug for me if you happen to end of on the same extistential plane as she's on. Death is fucking lame. It's just done. She just went away, and I have to say after that experience I have a hard time believeing anyone could possibly believe there is a heaven or a hell. There is clearly only sweet release from the struggle of life, right? And you have to be pretty thankful for the things you get to do and the people you get to meet. I am so thankful for all of it, and I guess that's one of the advantages of losing my dad so early (almost 30 years ago exactly, she came really fucking close to matching the date) I not only got a good slap in the face that one day, we are just gone. Anyway, I'll have more to say once I get some sleep - these last 48 hours with her were rough. But I have to tell you two things: one, you will be delighted to know Jackie spent the last month smoking joints like a pro; it really seemed to help her relax and deal with the pain. Plus, I would let her smoke them without having the doors open (wouldn't let her do that with the tobacco) and two: she got off this fucked up USA circus train bfore it comes fully off the rails. I'm so happy she didn't have to watch the rest of what was left of America go up in literal flames. That said, I miss you, especially as once again I'm going through the loss of a parent all on my own. Luckily Scott and I are still best friends, so all will be good, and we are solid on mark. Anyway, that's it for now, but if you see her in the stardust out there (she's getting creamated too) spark a bowl with her, she loves a nice indica. :)m

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's all coming apart.

Mike. This bunch of white-power Christian zealots is not even pretending anymore. We are actively deporting residents from other countries who have lived and worked here for decades, students who have been protesting the invasion of Gaza, AND....AND frigging British tourists and Uber drivers who take a wrong turn on a bridge and end up in Canada because there is no turnaround, and when they re-enter they are being detained. And then yetsterday the vampire Nazi Stephen Miller announced they are "looking into" suspending hebeas corpus and...and allowing Afrikkaner "refusgees" (you know, rich, white people who exploited Apartheid and now hate the fact that they are required by law to pay taxes and share land ownership) to "seek asylum" here. I fucking cannot take this. They have undone Roe, they are purging the population, and the Supreme Court is about to also make Christianity the only religion (apparently) with any right to freely practicing. I fucking hat...

Walk of Fame.

Hey Mike, so today (or maybe it was yesterday - telling time and keeping track of days is a struggle outside of work these days because it's either keeping track of the Nazi takeover, or keeping track of my slow march to death. anyway, Green Day got a star on the walk of fame in hollywood today. I'd be lying if I didn't say I think it's awesome. I think of how much shit they got from the MRR crowd, the crowd we put all our ethos in, only to watch it implode and utlimately turn on us too. so mayny fucking rules they had for what "was" punk rock. Green Day is awesome. I don't actually know how your were feeling about them in those last years - I always vaguely remember you being pissed at them - not for selling out, but more because they were offered the option of "selling out" - after all, it was honestly, all you ever wanted. I'm still sorry you never got that offer, but also know it was because you always left it up to others to make it happ...

Post-American Dream

Yeah, Mike, it's really best you aren't around for this. I wish you were, because lord knows I'd like to see what songs might come of all this opressive chaos. But ultimately, it's all fucked up and now I have to worry every day about my nephew being pulled over and snatched by gestapo rednecks with live ammo, or my brother being aprehended for wearing the No Kings sweatshirt that I was delighted to buy him, but also worry will make him a target. That said, I am so proud of Scott for wearing it, and taking the right stand here. I am also inordinately happy that my favorite grandson Mason is in Italy, studying abrod. Here's hoping he has an epiphany and comes home with an understanding of the world. Though I can't imagine what being a young privilged white guy studying in Rome right now would be like, I hope I get to find out (if that other sibling happens to facilitate me meeting up with my nephew again, though I will certainly try). Anyway, it's all fascist...