Skip to main content

Millions of dead dreams.

It's a damn good thing you aren't here to see this Mike. It's all falling apart. Super-late stage capitalism is way more horrifying than I ever expected. Roe is going down, and once that domino falls, it's curtains for this country...though I still often wonder if the sheer size of this social experiment that masquerades as a superpower will save it from full-on Handmaid's Tale, Taliban, full-on slavery for women nonsense at the hands of the raging christian lunatic nazis who apparently are so incredibly terrified of melanin that they are willing to live in the literal stoneage. I mean, what do I do, 30 years down the line with more of this insane Phyllis Schafly gender traitor bullshit. Women who are convinced they are lesser, dumber, not worthy of being fully-functioning members of society? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, MIKE??? Or George Orwell was right. Wait....we already knew that. also, after the Depp-Herd trial, now defamation of anyone with status or $ (same thing, but who's counting?) will at the very least cost you all the money you will potentially ever have, and surely if you don't have money it will mean jailtime. So scratch "freedom of speech" off the list as well. I mean even I have been mind-melded into a compliant simp who is easily distracted and mollified by pretty boys and easy access to mind-altering substances. Agh, even typing this depresses me. What do I do when the thing that used to fix me, that used to help me express myself, put things in perspective and examine the world around me now just is as painful as hiking up a damn hill? There are things one can do to quell the pain, though, historically it's not the best thing for me long term. HowEVER. The extistential dread is so overwhelming right now....but look how cute this mfer is:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's all coming apart.

Mike. This bunch of white-power Christian zealots is not even pretending anymore. We are actively deporting residents from other countries who have lived and worked here for decades, students who have been protesting the invasion of Gaza, AND....AND frigging British tourists and Uber drivers who take a wrong turn on a bridge and end up in Canada because there is no turnaround, and when they re-enter they are being detained. And then yetsterday the vampire Nazi Stephen Miller announced they are "looking into" suspending hebeas corpus and...and allowing Afrikkaner "refusgees" (you know, rich, white people who exploited Apartheid and now hate the fact that they are required by law to pay taxes and share land ownership) to "seek asylum" here. I fucking cannot take this. They have undone Roe, they are purging the population, and the Supreme Court is about to also make Christianity the only religion (apparently) with any right to freely practicing. I fucking hat...

Walk of Fame.

Hey Mike, so today (or maybe it was yesterday - telling time and keeping track of days is a struggle outside of work these days because it's either keeping track of the Nazi takeover, or keeping track of my slow march to death. anyway, Green Day got a star on the walk of fame in hollywood today. I'd be lying if I didn't say I think it's awesome. I think of how much shit they got from the MRR crowd, the crowd we put all our ethos in, only to watch it implode and utlimately turn on us too. so mayny fucking rules they had for what "was" punk rock. Green Day is awesome. I don't actually know how your were feeling about them in those last years - I always vaguely remember you being pissed at them - not for selling out, but more because they were offered the option of "selling out" - after all, it was honestly, all you ever wanted. I'm still sorry you never got that offer, but also know it was because you always left it up to others to make it happ...

Post-American Dream

Yeah, Mike, it's really best you aren't around for this. I wish you were, because lord knows I'd like to see what songs might come of all this opressive chaos. But ultimately, it's all fucked up and now I have to worry every day about my nephew being pulled over and snatched by gestapo rednecks with live ammo, or my brother being aprehended for wearing the No Kings sweatshirt that I was delighted to buy him, but also worry will make him a target. That said, I am so proud of Scott for wearing it, and taking the right stand here. I am also inordinately happy that my favorite grandson Mason is in Italy, studying abrod. Here's hoping he has an epiphany and comes home with an understanding of the world. Though I can't imagine what being a young privilged white guy studying in Rome right now would be like, I hope I get to find out (if that other sibling happens to facilitate me meeting up with my nephew again, though I will certainly try). Anyway, it's all fascist...